Are you interested in making a difference?
Do you have a genuine interest in helping to make learning, working and socializing in the community achievable for people living with a mental illness? If so, please consider joining our team.
Every day, Elements programs help people with mental illness to get well and stay well.
Making a real meaningful difference for volunteers.
Elements Calgary Mental Health Centre is looking for an enthusiastic, innovative, team oriented people-person who has education and experience in volunteer management.
Submit resumes to: [email protected] by May 17, 2019
POSITION: VOLUNTEER CO-ORDINATOR
FUNCTION: The Volunteer Co-ordinator is responsible for the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of volunteer services.
- Awareness of trends, issues related to volunteerism and needs relating to individuals with mental illnesses.
- Responsible for program planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of volunteer services.
- Responsible for recruitment, orientation, training, placement, supervision and termination of volunteers.
- Responsible for the development of procedures and a current operations manual(s).
- Responsible for providing assistance to staff regarding volunteer needs and the development of job descriptions, procedures and service delivery.
- Responsible for implementation of volunteer retention program.
- Responsible for accurate program records, statistics and reports.
- Responsible for supply purchasing and inventory control of Tuck Shop
- Responsible for representation at community volunteer-related events, and assisting with Element Centre’s public relations – related events.
- Responsible for minimum supervision of the Support & Recreation Services Centre.
- Responsible for ensuring a safe and healthy environment is provided and that all necessary regulations and standards are adhered to within the volunteer program.
- Responsible for other duties related to the program.
- Education and experience in volunteer management within the not for profit sector.
- Volunteer Management certificate and direct experience in mental health is an asset.
Come join our board of directors
If you care about mental health and want to use your enthusiasm, skills and experience to make a difference, Elements CMHC needs you on our board. Right now, we’re seeking board members with a background in law, human resources, public relations, or fund development.
Elements is an established presence in the Calgary mental health community. We provide a range of integrated mental health services to inspire, build and advance the abilities of adults with mental illness.
Come join us! You can make a difference in the lives of people with a mental illness.
For more information please contact Anneisa Lauchlan at: 403.266.8711 or email [email protected].